THINGS TO SEE AND DO IN MARSEILLE!
Sea, sun, nature and culture. Marseille is extremely proud of its accessible location and its welcoming population.
With iconic destinations such as the Old Port, the Calanques and Notre-Dame de la Garde, the city is a place of surprising and varied landscapes. Green spaces and abundant nature stretch out as far as the eye can see around the city. In the city itself, the architecture, culture and population are an ever-present reminder of Marseille’s rich heritage. This ancient city with its unique culture, strong identity and ethnic diversity is now one of the most cosmopolitan places in France.
Marseille is a truly cosmopolitan and vibrant city that attracts crowds of tourists from around the world each year. An official “city of art and history”, Marseille boasts a growing economy and a vibrant cultural scene. Tourism and leisure are two of the main drivers of the city’s economy.
There are a number of major projects in the pipeline, such as the construction of conference venues, hotel complexes and various tourist facilities.
• Easy to access: international airport, low-cost terminal, TGV, motorways, etc.
• Easy to live in: metro, tram, bus, etc.
• Easy to love: pleasant climate, extensive sunshine, beautiful landscapes, warm and welcoming culture.
• Plenty to explore: palaces, Greek and Roman ruins, churches and cathedrals, châteaux and botanical gardens, etc.
• A vibrant cultural scene: 17 museums, 1 opera house, 42 theatres, 12 cinemas, etc.
• A rapidly-growing business district (La Joliette, with Les Docks).